The rankings haven’t changed much from last week. Here’s how the top 15 teams in the SRS last week fared in week 13:
- #1 Alabama handled Auburn in the Iron Bowl, 30-12. The Crimson Tide is a lock for the playoffs, even if they lose in the SECCG (which they’re not going to do).
- #2 Ohio State beat Michigan in perhaps the game of the college football season, 30-27 in double overtime. Ohio State seems like a lock for the playoffs; the Buckeyes regular season is over, as Penn State won the Big 10 East.
- #3 Michigan lost to Ohio State. Michigan’s playoff chances appear dead in the water.
- #4 Washington had the single best game of the week, according to the SRS, beating Washington State in the Apple Cup, 45-17. It was the 5th best single game score of the year. Washington looks to be in a “win and they’re in” situation, as the Huskies will face Colorado in the P12CG.
- #5 Clemson blew the doors off of South Carolina, 56-7, to finish the regular season 11-1. The Tigers are in a “win and they’re in” scenario against Virginia Tech in the ACCCG.
- #6 Colorado beat Utah, at home, 27-22, to capture the Pac 12 South. The Buffaloes may well be in a “win and they’re in” situation in the P12CG against Washington. More on that in a bit.
- #7 Wisconsin handled Minnesota, 31-17. Wisconsin won the Big 10 West, and will face Penn State in the B10CG.
- #8 Southern Cal beat Notre Dame, 45-27, but USC’s season is over now that Colorado has won the South.
- #9 Louisville shockingly lost to Kentucky, 41-38. Louisville finished the year 9-3, with two straight bad losses.
- #10 Washington State lost to Washington, ending WAZZOU’s playoff hopes.
- #11 Oklahoma was off. The Sooners can still win the conference at 10-2 with a win in the de facto B12CG this weekend against Oklahoma State.
- #12 Penn State beat Michigan State, 45-12. The Nittany Lions will face Wisconsin in the B10CG.
Below are the week 13 SRS results: [click to continue…]